Friday, April 8, 2011

The Lord’s House (The Temple)






   Today I got to go to the temple! I haven’t been there since Allison was here and that was a long time ago. It has been too long and I hope to never wait this long again. I did feel like I shouldn’t go, I felt I wasn’t worthy enough to be in the lords house, I lost my trust and faith in him etc., but my heart told me I needed to go.


   Funny how things get in the way of going to the Temple, I was rushing to make sure I was 20min early and I was constantly coming in and out of the door. First I couldn’t find my lip gloss, then I forgot my temple recommend, and then I walked out the door without my KEYS!!!!! How was I gonna get to the temple???

   As I was getting ready for the temple I realized I needed to shave my legs. I ran the water and sat at the edge of the tub and my mom came in to do her hair and asked me “Why did you curl your hair? You are gonna get it wet anyways?” I told her b/c I needed to look nice for the boys lol.. But as she left for work I started to think about what she asked me. Why did I just waste time curling my hair? It was gonna get wet anyways. Then the answer came to me!! I didn’t do it for the boys I did it for my father in heaven. I wanted to look nice going into his home and be presentable. I mean we dress casual for church for the exact same reason. Right?

   As I was on my way to the temple I listen to church music. It was very uplifting and to know that my father was there for me. I got to the temple and rushed in because I was not 20min early. I was nervous b/c I hadn’t been to the temple in forever!! I was lost again and scared and as I talked with some of my friends I felt a little over whelming of peace and comfort. I was soo much at peace being in the lord’s house! I LOVED IT!! As I baptized those who are passed on I felt their spirit very strongly..

   Lately I have been feeling lost, lonely, out of place, and so much more. I had lost my trust in my heavenly father once again; I lost my faith in him. I think its b/c I get impatient. I know my heavenly father loves me and is mindful of me, I just needed a reminder.

   Leaving the lord’s house is so hard! Bishop Spear told me one time that it was fun to see everyone rush into the temple, everyone is in a hurry to get in but as people leave they take their time. I did that. I walked slowly out. When I got out of the restroom I sat down for a bit then got up, went to the waiting room to talk to Shayla and then slowly walked out the doors. I didn’t want to leave…



   I am very blessed to have the friends I have they are wonderful!!! (Cathy, Anna B, Anna W., Katie, Melanie, Olivia, Dawn, Allison, and best of all SARAH!) Oh can’t forget my favorite married couple Garrett and Sallie!! I am great full to serve with Melanie, Cathy and Amy! I am great full to have amazing VT Shayla and Sam!! (Thank you so much) And not to forget my home teacher Carter and my past home teacher Heath!! You 2 young men have made a huge impact in my life in many ways! Thank you! Last I’m grateful for the lord and the family he put me with. I love my family!! My mom, dad, brothers, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, and best of all my GRANDMA!! I am most grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints.



I love you all so very much!!



Love,

M&M

Have any questions about the church go to www.lds.org or http://www.mormon.org/






2 comments:

  1. Lovin' it! Especially about your curly hair -- that's how I feel, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! I used to feel like I had to be perfect to enter the temple. Satan uses that unworthy feeling to keep us from doing something that is crucial on our path to perfection. Nothing has helped change my heart more than attending the temple often.

    I love you too, Meekayla, you're amazing! (and I almost forgot to shave my legs this morning too!)

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete